Releasing ProxySQL 2.0.8
Proudly announcing the release of the latest stable version of ProxySQL 2.0.8 on 5th of November 2019.
ProxySQL is a high performance, high availability, protocol aware proxy for MySQL, with a GPL license! It can be downloaded here or alternatively from the ProxySQL Repository, and freely usable and accessible according to the GNU GPL v3.0 license.
The main focus of the 2.0.8 has been to improve the performance of ProxySQL while at the time addressing key fixes and improving support for the current MySQL landscape. Considerable effort was invested in improving MySQL 8.x character set and collation support, Amazon Aurora functionality as well as further refinement to configuration options and ProxySQL's connection management. Several new configuration options were added, full details can be found in the release notes) and various user reported edge case scenarios have been addressed.
ProxySQL 2.0.8 includes the following key features and fixes:
- Improved MySQL 8.x support with collation ids greater than 255 (see MySQL reference for more details) as well as support for mysqldump 8.0 for Admin data
- MySQL Replication Hostgroup check types have been extended to include
- Aurora replicas which have been deleted are now filtered
- Added support for configuring the same node in multiple Galera clusters
- Fixed an edge case bug where large queries which could result in a hang when using SSL
- Better parser handling for lines starting with various comment types
- Fixed a JEMalloc bug which broke ProxySQL memory profiling (i.e.
PROXYSQL MEMPROFILE START)
- Several fixes that improve MySQL and ProxySQL Monitor connection handling
- Fixed a JSON library crash which occurred with invalid UTF8
NOTE: Detailed release notes for ProxySQL 2.0.8 listing the complete set of improvements and fixes are available on the release page
A special thanks to all the people that report bugs: this makes each version of ProxySQL better than the previous. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the project's Github issue tracker.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Our performance and scalability experts are readily available to analyze your infrastructure and help to build a robust and reliable MySQL HA architecture. We also offer consulting, long term support and training for ProxySQL.
Authored by: Nick Vyzas